Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lori Goldstein - October Italian Vogue preview

Lori Goldstein, Photo: Steven Meisel


Interview with Style.Com's Meenal Mistry:

Meenal Mistry: We love the dream at Tony Duquette’s house.

Lori Goldstein: That was my favorite.

MM: Mine too. Of course, along with the Versace Jackie Susann campaign.

LG: What can you say? Those were the days.

MM: Are there certain images that stay with you the most? Or that get commented on the most?

LG: Well, the Versace ads are something that people always refer to. I could talk about that all day long because it was just everything that I live for. It was a moment where it all converged. I started working with Steven [Meisel] again. I had worked for Allure so we hadn’t been working together. It just kind of happened. The thought process is never, “How can we make this happen?” I’m really of the school of “Let’s just go for it.” That was just this magical convergence of Donatella asking me to work with her, Steven doing the campaign, us starting to work for Italian Vogue again and me being obsessed with Jacqueline Susann again. I had been obsessed with her since the seventh grade in Ohio.....

MM: Have you worked with Steven Meisel recently?

LG: I just did a story with Steven for the October issue of Italian Vogue. All I can say is that I live for him, I love him. There’s no one like him. He’s just unbelievable. I’m so inspired when I work with him I want to pull in every single piece of everything, find every new young designer. He just loves to see what young people are doing, what talented people are doing. We just marvel at every little piece that I bring in. He’s like, ‘Where did you find that?’ And I love that. I love being inspired like that.

MM: What’s the story about?

LG: It’s just a Steven and Lori story, a bakookle Steven and Lori story. We just did fashion and there’s really no theme. We’re in a club but it’s just the piling-on, the bakookleness, the great girls that we love.

No comments: